I’m Brian Newberry; a goal-focused communications veteran whose working motto is punctuality, integrity, and adaptability.
Strengths & Creative Focus:
- Graphic Arts
- Web Presence
Websites I’ve Created
- Project: WASABI
This site at which you’re currently looking. I use WordPress for a dual presence featuring my personal blog as well as my business site. I use GoDaddy for my domain name.
- Sabor y Cultura
This is an independent coffee house in Hollywood. I created this website using WordPress, and I also maintain Sabor’s Facebook page on a daily basis.
- Brian’s 2011 Blog
This is my old WordPress site, which has been “Decomissioned”. Notice my obsession with menus and sub-menus.
- Martina Newberry’s Bookstore
I used WIX to create my wife’s online bookstore.
- Newberry Media (Prior Version)
I used WIX to create this earlier [runner-up] version of my site which I chose not to implement.
- Brian’s Horizon
My brief & mostly unsuccessful dabble with Google Sites.
Web and Networking
- My Video Reel features videos I have edited (most of which I’ve also filmed)
- Samples of my Still Image Photography
- Check out the Photo-Art I created using Adobe Photoshop.
- I used the database function of Google Drive to create this fun
trivia game called Good Stuff to Know
Samples of Brian’s Writing
- The Jodi Arias Timeline
- My Trip to Indio – Travel, Non Fiction
- Prometheus – Movie Review
- Wonderland – DVD Review
- Love! Valour! Compassion! – DVD Review
- Blackout – Nonfiction
- Rules of Engagement – 1st Amendment
- Should I use “e.g.” or “i.e.”? – Grammar / Usage
- Should I use “than” or “then”? – Grammar / Usage
- Proficient with consumer VOIP services, as well as Google Voice
(in our home, we have one Droid, one iPhone, and no phone bill).
- I work every day with the following operating systems:
– Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 (Droid X by Motorola)
– Chrome (Samsung Chromebook)
– Mac iOS 7.0.4 (iPad & iPhone)
– Windows 8.1 (Laptop)
– Windows System 7 (Laptop)
– Windows Vista (Laptop)
– Windows XP (Desktop)
But wait! THERE’S MORE!
- As a bonded taxi cab driver, I was fingerprinted by the Pomona Police Dept. in 1992.
- I treat others the way I want to be treated.
- Expert level knowledge of Google Drive, MS Windows SkyDrive,
- WordPress Blog Host and Wix Webs Services.
- My locale maps as works of art.
- Happily married 17 years (together over 20) to a fellow artist, infinitely more talented than I.
- I don’t smoke, but I’m cool with those who do.
- I type 63 words per minute, and equally fast on the 10-key.
- No job “beneath me” (trash, cleaning, etc).
- LA resident for 20 years, so I’m familiar with the area
Brian Newberry Voice or Text: Available on Request
Los Angeles, California 90028
Communications veteran with a strong aptitude for out-of-the-box problem-solving, seeks employment in L.A. Reliable work ethic, stable employment history, and a good sense of humor.
Skills & Strengths:
Video Editing, MS Office, Google Drive (formerly “Docs“), Windows SkyDrive, WordPress Blog Host, Information Graphics, Spreadsheets & Database Mgt., Photography & Multimedia
……Web Designer / Blogger July, 2012 – Present
……“Sabor y Cultura,” from July, 2013 – Present Providing
……..technical & graphics support for all aspects of internet presence.
……..Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Fousquare. I also created & maintain
……..the company website SaboryCultura.com.
……. Freelance Photographer 2009 – 2012
……. “My Life In Palm Springs,” providing affordable photography
……..and multimedia services throughout the Coachella Valley and
……..Metro L.A. Clients include Espresso Cielo, FLIPBroadcast,
……..Synergy Rejuvenation Spa, and Pilates Plus Palm Springs.
Temporary Employee 1993 – 2009
“Spherion Staffing Services,” Temping mostly for Kaiser
Permanente, I worked for several departments including
“Recruitment Services” (where I stayed for three years!)
Various responsibilities included setting up workstations,
data entry, digital scanning, facilitating teleconferences,
generating reports, typesetting, professional correspondence,
sending daily Fed-EX and UPS, and of course, filing, typing,
etc. The highest position I held while temping was
Administrative Assistant III.
Software Instructor 1998 – 2003
“Contracted Computer Training,” Taught software classes
in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Wrote course outlines and
taught classes in web design and Adobe Photoshop. Clients
include L.A. Fire Dept., State of California, L.A. Dept. of Water
& Power, Raytheon Aerospace, Herbalife, etc. I also taught Job
Skills for State of California JPTA; immigrants eager to learn
office & administrative protocol & responsibilities generally
required in mainstream US work place. Program focused on
typing speed, faxing, filing, telephone etiquette, mail and other
important job skills.
Dept. Receptionist . 1994 – 1997
“AICCO, Imperial,” A division of A.I.G.
Switchboard: 7 incoming phone lines going to 25 extensions
and several global offices. Other duties included daily activity
reports, customer service calls, typing, filing, copying, snail-
mail, voicemail, email, overnights, Pitney-Bowes machine, etc.
Customer Service Rep 1991 – 1993
“Mayflower Contract Services,” Providing customized
transit information to the general public on phone & in person.
Presentations to senior centers, TV News, and others. Inventory
& sales of over 30 bus passes & tokens.
Front Desk / Night Audit 1992 – 1993
“Best Western Ontario Airport Motel,”
Checking guests in & out, reconciling accounts receivable and
accounts payable. VISA, MC, AMEX, Discover – as well as In-House
Accounts. Promoted to Sales Associate.
United States Air Force
Computer Communications Operator 1988 – 1991
222nd Combat Communications Squadron, Costa Mesa, California.
Providing & maintaining reliable communications support in areas of political instability and natural disasters. Other duties included security and storage of warehouse inventory of all mission-related equipment & resources.
On standby to deploy during Desert Storm, I never saw live combat (thank God!), but I did participate in supply convoys, all within the continental United States.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician 1984 – 1988
416th Organizational Maintenance Squadron, Strategic Air Command, Rome, New York. Maintenance team member on
B-52G & KC-135A aircraft. Later promoted to aircrew maintenance debriefing.
This resume was done using Google Drive (formerly “Google Docs”) word processor. I have a clean driving record, my own health-care (Kaiser), no children. I enjoy trick photography, and tai chi chuan. x..
This concludes my professional history, and I thank you for your consideration.